Junior Golf Academy
My role as a junior coach is to facilitate learning. Juniors in my programs will learn how to think for themselves and build the confidence to problem solve. By setting challenges that enable the player to think and solve, they learn the technical aspects relevant to play golf successfully. The 6 core components of my junior programs include:
- Fundamental movement and technical skills
- Emotional and mental life skills e.g. positive self-talk and building belief
- Problem solving skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Education on etiquette and rules
- Learning the value of good communication and teamwork.
Group programs are currently run on weekends and in conjunction with school terms. Sessions are 60 minutes long and combine general movement skills, technical teachings, games and competitions. A term will cover everything from: putting, chipping, pitching, bunkers, full swing and competitive games.
The program also provides on course training for those students who are ready. This is a vital part of the program as juniors truly learn how to play the game and apply what they are learning in practice to the golf course. Juniors will play a length of course suited for their age and ability.
Objectives of the Program
- To provide a fun and safe environment for young people to get active and learn to play golf
- To encourage participation whilst developing technical, athletic, social and movement skills
- To provide a relaxed introduction to golf, education on the rules and etiquette of the game
- Fully supervised on-course sessions with qualified coaches and club representatives
- Achievement of official Golf Australia handicap
- Advanced program for talent identification and game development
- Participation in local competitions with other young players and social events
- To encourage enjoyment of golf and establish a long term association with Pennant Hills Golf Club
School Holiday Programs
One and two day programs are offered during school holidays. Beginner programs are 90 minutes long with the Intermediate and Advanced programs running for up to 5 hours including instruction and on course play. Juniors do not have to be a member of the club to participate in these programs.
For more information on Junior Group Training contact me by clicking here.